Processing of personal information
STENI AS is committed to protecting your individual rights and personal information.
The EU's new data protection reform, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is designed to ensure your data security across European borders in EU and EEA countries as part of the Norwegian Personal Data Act. And in this Statement, you will find information about how we work to comply with data protection.
[Personal information is information or an evaluation that can be linked to you as an individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, or national identification number.
Information on behaviour patterns is also considered personal information. For instance, what you search for online leaves digital tracks. For more information, see cookies ]
STENI AS's Privacy Statement
In this Statement, we describe how we collect, use, store and share personal information.
This applies to you as a customer, potential customer, employee of our customer or other relevant parties, as well as real rights holders, authorised representatives, as a representative of corporate customers and affiliates.
This Statement includes the following:
- Data controller
- What personal information we collect for our registered corporate customers
- Processing and use of personal information
- Disclosure of personal information
- Protection of personal information
- Privacy rights
- Storage of personal information
- Amendments to the Privacy Statement and Cookies Policy
- The contact point in relation to this Statement and privacy in general
The data controller is STENI AS, Org. No. 918 150 145, Lågendalsveien 2633, 3277 Steinsholt, Norway
We collect, process and analyse data from the use of our websites. Traffic data is data related to visitors on the website and data processed there. Cookies and similar technology are used to improve the products and services we provide for you, as well as enhance security and your user experience when using our websites
You can change the settings in the browser so that this will reject cookies. This may lead to certain features and areas of the website having some limitations.
What personal information we collect from our registered corporate customers
Categorisation of the personal information we collect and store
- Identification information: Name and company
- Contact information: Telephone / mobile phone number, email, postal address and home page
- Customer information: Purchases and transaction history
- Financial information: Payment and transaction data and credit history
- Statutory information: Accounting, money laundering, etc.
Information is collected primarily from you, for instance, when you sign up for our newsletter, order samples, or data is collected in connection with ordering or trading with our vendors or suppliers, or using our services.
Other information we may collect, which may apply to you directly or from third parties:
- STENI AS also collects other information you provide us, such as feedback or enquiries in stores or digital channels and the like.
- Registers maintained by public authorities, e. g. the National Registry, business registers, etc.
- Registers maintained by credit information agencies and other commercial information services
- Other companies we cooperate with
Processing and use of personal information
We use your personal information among other things to deliver goods, services and fulfil the agreements we make with you, as well as giving you offers and developing good user experiences. Furthermore, personal information is used in the general processing and management of your customer relation with us. We may also process personal information to fulfil our obligations under laws and regulations.
Examples of what the law instructs us to use the information for:
- Knowledge of you as a customer
- Accounting requirements
- Requirements and obligations relating to payment services
- Prevention and exposure of criminal offences
A legitimate interest in using information in connection with market activities and development
- Personal information may also be used in connection with marketing, as well as product and business development. The purpose is to be able to develop the enterprise, products, goods, services and customer experiences, and give you as a customer offers and good customer experiences
- If you give us your consent, we will be able to process your personal information for the purposes to which you have consented. This may for instance be to send you information about our products and projects, as well as the ways you want us to contact you, for instance SMS or email. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
Disclosure of personal information
Examples of who we can disclose your personal information to:
- Enterprises in STENI AS
- Payment service providers and business partners
The disclosure of such information does not take place unless there are necessary agreements regarding further confidentiality.
How STENI AS handles your personal information in relation to third parties
- In order to manage the customer relationship, we only disclose information about you when this is required. Examples of areas where this is required: For your identification
- Compliance with our agreements and obligations
Information is conveyed with your consent or when permitted by law, internally in STENI AS to external partners and other enterprises selling products for us or with us. In order to provide goods and services, we may also convey information to other service functions inside and outside STENI AS
We also have agreements with selected suppliers, which include the processing of personal information on behalf of us, such as IT development, operation and support providers.
Disclosure of personal information to countries outside the EU/EEA
- If we transfer personal information to countries outside the EEA, the conditions of the European Commission are followed, including that there is a sufficient level of protection in the country in question, etc. (In such cases, EU standard clauses that are approved by the EU Commission are used.)
Protection of personal information
The processing of personal information is central to our enterprise, and this should be treated in a safe and secure manner. We use technical and administrative procedures and security measures to safeguard and protect the information we store and use
You can request the following at any time:
- Access to your personal information, unless laws or other circumstances indicate otherwise
- Correction of incorrect or missing information, provided there are no other limitations in legislation or the like.
- Deletion of your personal information, for instance if you withdraw your consent, or for any other legitimate reason no longer allow us to process your personal information.
- Data portability. You are entitled to receive personal information in a machine-readable format. The information can also be transferred to another data controller, for instance, the data controller may be another enterprise the customer would like to receive the information.
Storage of personal information
Your personal information will be retained for as long as it is required for the purposes for which your information was collected and processed, or in order to fulfil the agreements we have with you, or as long as required pursuant to laws and regulations.
Examples of storage periods:
- Accounting legislation 10 years
- Payment services 5 years
- STENI 40 year performance guarantee
There will be amendments to this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will never limit your rights pursuant to the applicable privacy laws. If there are significant amendments, we will provide clear notification when we are required to do so by applicable law.
The contact point in relation to this Statement and privacy in general
Questions about privacy can be addressed to STENI AS. STENI AS has also appointed a Data Protection Officer whom you can contact by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact the Data Protection Authority if you have objections to, or complaints about, how we manage your personal information.